Start Time: You decide
Event Location: You decide
Following the most current guidelines from government and health officials for Social Distancing, we are expanding to AIDS Walk Delaware: Weeklong Challenge– September 12-19.
Participate when you want, how you want, with whom you want. There will be no formal in person gathering. Follow one of the 2 official routes in Wilmington or Rehoboth or walk where you feel most comfortable – in another park, in your neighborhood or on a treadmill at home.
Register by August 1st and make a minimum donation of $10 to receive an AIDS Walk Delaware face mask. (A reusable multi-layer poly-cotton mask with replaceable carbon filter, adjustable ear straps and metal nose seal)
Raise an additional $30 to receive the 2020 AIDS Walk Delaware T-shirt. (Total of $40 donation/funds raised)
Participate in the Scavenger Hunt Challenge:
This year we are encouraging walkers to participate in our first Scavenger Hunt. Simply register to walk, put on your mask and complete some or all of the challenges below. Share your experiences on your Walk Profile Page and/or social media. Use the hashtag #AWD2020. Your post for each challenge enters you in our Prize Drawing. Complete every challenge to be entered seven times.
- Photograph the colors of the rainbow – an international symbol of hope during this global pandemic. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.
- Toss a flower in the Brandywine or the Ocean in memory of or in honor of someone who has passed or is living with HIV/AIDS. Send a photo.
- Track your “route” on your fitness watch and share your results.
- Photograph a historical site, monument or sign
- Wear a previous years AIDS Walk T-shirt and take your picture.
- Take a photo of a Child’s Chalk Art or Window drawings.
- Walk with your Dog and take a selfie